Thursday, August 21, 2008

Laughter is the Best Medicine.

Okay. I know. I've been a.w.o.l. I have also been trying to update my blog with a Fallish layout...yeah didn't happen...I'm pretty sure pink is not a Fall color. Nonetheless its a good color. My fave at that. Oh. Sorry that you have been deleted from my page...your names that is. I still love you and I will work on that. That got deleted somehow in the chaos of finding the perfect Fall layout. Geez.

So. For an update. I am officially signed up for the 10k race that will take place on Labor Day. Lord have mercy. I am actually really excited about it. I am ready and I have trained my little legs off. So I say Bring it! It's all mental they tell me.

Somebody has a birthday this weekend. Any guesses!?! ME! Yep. August 23rd. I will be 27 years young. I am really looking forward to this year...its going to be a good one...I can already feel it. I don't know if I have ever talked about this on here...but I kind of have a problem with the odd numbers. Birthdays that is. I feel like they are a little Debbie D. You hear 28...you think Exciting! You hear 27...eh. You hear 24! Wow! What a year! 29...hmm. BUT! I have decided... out with that thinking..how dare I put a curse on it before it has even begun. I love birthdays. They are super.

So the other night I was lying in the bed with my biblioteca...I don't care that its not translated right...I like it...I mean why would you use biblioteca for library...hello its obviously bible. Someone was not doing their job the day that got approved. I was reading and came across Proverbs 31. You know. The calling all women verses. As I was reading them all the sudden this one verse just stuck out to me. You know people say...its like I had never read it before...it was so new to me in that moment. I really think I have NEVER read this verse before. I mean have I just skipped over this one every time...did ALL my bibles accidentally delete it!? Did all women's conferences skip over this part for time sake!? It was crazy. The verse is: Strength and honor are her clothing(this part I had read), and she can laugh at the time to come. Proverbs 31:25.
She can laugh at the time to come. Holy Cow. I am going to say it one more time. She can laugh at the time to come. How many times have I been in a place where I laughed at what was coming...the known...the unknown. I didn't say, Well I know that the Lord is going to take care of me so I can rest in that...I can have a peace in knowing that(which is not wrong or bad)...but no...I am so lost in the freedom of who He is and have such confidence in who He has said He will be in my life...that I will laugh...I will let my heart be light...so light that it laughs. Maybe I am reading way too much into this...but it just really spoke to me. I realize that there are things that happen in our life that are so hard and so tough that we can't even begin to imagine a smile...let alone a laugh...and the great thing about it is that God loves us completely in the moments that all we can do is sob...or scream...or sit. I don't want to belittle those times by saying we should laugh it away. But He was obviously trying to tell us something in this verse....just a thought...

Oh. Another thought I had while reading that chapter. Dang! She is busy. I got tired just reading about all the things she sewed and made and created and woke up...girl multi-tasks.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the post. Miss your posts. Glad you are back! AND YES, you are having a birthday! You know how I feel about birthday's, they are stinking amazing!!!! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you!!! I like the part of the verse that you emphasized of the Proverbs 31 woman, God never says anything just because, so I'm taking note. Love you!

Biz said...

You are officially one of the most charming people I know, Sarah Beth. No doubt about it and if there was then those doubts shoudl read this post. You're so clever, thoughtful and compassionate and that's why I love you!
I can NOT believe you're turning 27!!! Is it me or have we known each other a long time now? WEIRD! :)

Biz said...

ps. the new layout is so cute. the pink may not be fall, but mixed with those brown flowers on top i think it can pass for it anyway. :)

Jill said...

YAY!! You're back!!!! I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine, and I'm glad to know it's biblical now!!! HA!

erin said...

I agree with your friend, "charming" is the perfect word for you, Sarah! I'm so glad to see another post from you, and I love what you said about Proverbs 31.

I have the same problem with odd numbers. They just don't seem nearly as special somehow, but I know this year will be great for you! (And I'm turning 27, too, so let's hear it for 27!)

Jennifer Mills said...

I second Leslie's comment... Loved this post! I've missed you too! So glad you're back - I absolutely LOVE reading your posts!! They are written so well, I just hear you talking as I read! Miss you & LOVE YOU!!! Thinking of you!!

Lindsay Lou said...

I love your new layout! I had the same problems getting my names to appear when I changed mine as well. I had to get Audrey to do it for me! I love the Proverbs you talked about. It is one of my all time favorites!! You are a great writer and I love reading your posts. If I don't get a chance to tell you tomorrow, Happy Birthday!!

Haley said...

1. Happy Birthday!!! Hope it rocks your socks off. :)
2. You make me laugh. I don't think that part of that verse has ever stuck out to me either. I like it. I will now memorize it for my crazy month to come.
3. I have been thinking about you this week as I've listened to the few Olympic medalists who have only been doing their sport for a few years. So, I say, you can do it. Pick your sport and start training. We'll totally cheer for your gold!