Friday, June 6, 2008

Mama My Colors are Blush and Bashful....

"It's coming home...only to no home I've ever known. I was taking her hand to help her from the car and I knew...it was like...magic."
"Sam...what was so special about your wife?"
"How longs your program? It's just tiny little things but when you add them all up we were meant to be."

"Don't you love New York in the Fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. If I knew where you lived I would send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils."

So. I have a problem. I remember lines from movies and t.v. shows like it's my day job. If it were my day job I would have recieved about 5 promotions and 6 raises by now. When I watch them I have to watch in complete silence(Whit and my roommates know this. I am not above pushing the pause button on tivo if you are carrying on a convo during my shows...I will then stare at you until you stop.:)). My lines get alittle blurred between reality and fiction when it comes to my favorites. You know. Meredith. McDreamy. Jack. Kate. Kathleen Kelly. Joe Fox. Jim. Pam. All Friends. But here is where the problem is. Where I remember all the story lines of these shows and movies..including key lines...I am not remembering events in my own life. Let me explain.

So. I love concerts...shows...whatever you want to call them. I love seeing my favorite artists perform. Love. But lately I have had a hard time remembering who I have seen. You would think if I paid in the range of 15-100 dollars to see someone that I would remember it. The other day I told someone that I really want to see John Mayer perform...then 5 minutes later said, "Oh wait! I saw him in B'ham!" And not only did I see him there it was the performance that was taped for his Any Given Tuesday DVD. Next example. I was talking to yet another person and said, " I think it would be fun to see Kelly Clarkson in concert...you know just for fun sake." Seen her. With my friend Erin. What is wrong with me!? So I started scanning through my ipod looking at my artists and I would tell Whit if I had seen them...hoping that if he is with me and talk of an artist comes up he can lean over and whisper(seen em').

This is where I am stuck right at the moment. In the Fall the roommates and I (and Wimbledon Wanna Be) are going to NYC. Lindsay and I have gotten tickets to see Celine on the last night at Madison Square Gardens (I can not wait..seriously. I just need one chest beat and I will be satisfied). Lindsay and I went on and on about how amazing it was going to be to see her for the first time...in New York...on our last night...and then all the sudden I thought...wait. Have I seen her???? Then all these visions of her on the stage in this red dress singing.."Near far....where ever you are..." came into my head. The frustrating thing is I am still not sure if I have! If any of you reading this went to that concert with me or know that answer...will you please inform me.

I mean seriously? When I am 35 years young:) I'm going to have to be reminded that I do indeed have children...no I do not presently have children...but that is the hope.:)


6 comments:

Whit said...

i'll remember the concerts and random stuff, you remember the quotes and everything important. with our memories combined, no detail will ever be forgotten! you don't know where i left my keys, do you?

Haley said...

New York!

This blog makes me laugh for a lot of reasons. I feel so sad for the Sarah that was anticipating the Celine concert. She had no clue that she wouldn't remember that feeling all these years later.

I had fun hanging out with you tonight!

Anonymous said...

You went with me Sarah:) I got tickets for Christmas when I was like in 8th or 9th grade and I invited you to come with me. It was at the Pyramid. No hard feelings:)

erin said...

Hahaha, I was totally going to say, "You should ask Faith. I'm SURE she went, too!" Awesome. But I have the same problem. Only mine is more like, "Have I seen Steven Curtis Chapman 4 times, or 5?" :) (And really, I don't even love his music that much anymore, but it kills me that I can't remember how many times I saw him!)

I remember one phone conversation that we had that was almost entirely composed of quotes from You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle. Those were the days...

Leslie said...

NEW YORK,NEW YORK....YAY!!!! I am so excited about your girl trip to the big city! What a blast!!

I can always rely on you for qoutes in movies. You are so good! :)

Biz said...

Ah! I totally had a flash of you pausing the VCR in Maddox during Dawson's Creek... I think I picked up the habit from you. I typically try to get home early so I can watch my shows before the roommates come home. lol

NYC! That's awesome! When will you be there? For how long? You know it is VERY close to Boston! :)