So. Tonight Whit and I went on a little mini date...well I guess you can just say we hung out. We went to Bread and Co.(where Nicole Kidman is spotted at regularly. I keep waiting to see her. I have once at Cheesecake Factory...but I guess once isn't enough seeing I keep my eyes peeled for her.). Then we headed over to Whole Foods where I bought some fruit and granola for the week and where Whit bought me some little tiny bud roses for my desk at work! I love flowers on my desk. It improves my week about 50%...maybe 75. Afterwards we headed over to one of my most favorite places in Nashville. Donut Den. There I got a chocolate covered donut with cream filling. Sigh. This is a special treat...you can't eat one of these everyday. On the way home it got me to thinking about college and all the things that were so acceptable to do then, that would be frowned upon now. So I decided to make a "man I wish it were still okay to do this" list. Here it goes:
1. Eat donuts from Wal-Mart at 1:00 in the morning. Cinnamon Twists to be exact.
2. Stay up until 3:00, 4:00 in the morning...almost every night.
3. Skip classes to go to the lake or a roommate/friends house for the weekend.
4. Eat raman for many a meal.
5. Talk your way out of a due date for an assignment.(Elizabeth you loved when I did this:))
6. Have your meals handed to you just by swiping a little card...and I don't mean Visa.
1. Eat donuts from Wal-Mart at 1:00 in the morning. Cinnamon Twists to be exact.
2. Stay up until 3:00, 4:00 in the morning...almost every night.
3. Skip classes to go to the lake or a roommate/friends house for the weekend.
4. Eat raman for many a meal.

5. Talk your way out of a due date for an assignment.(Elizabeth you loved when I did this:))
6. Have your meals handed to you just by swiping a little card...and I don't mean Visa.
7. Eating fast food for at least one meal a day.
8. Decide to go on a road trip the night before or day of.
9. Going to class in your most comfortable clothes ever. No shower. No make-up.
10. Having breaks every hour or so throughout the day to just sit outside...watch t.v...go to chick.
11. Taking a siesta at oh I don't know... 10:00 and then another at 2:00.
12. The ability to change your major and the direction of your life once a semester.
You spend all this time in college anticipating the real world and all its wonder and freedom to realize a few months after you get out...hmm... that was a pretty good setup.
I love my life and honestly would never want to go back to those things now...there is a reason they call it the Freshman 15. :) But I sure did love it while I was there.
What about you? What college carelessness do you wish was acceptable now??
9. Going to class in your most comfortable clothes ever. No shower. No make-up.
10. Having breaks every hour or so throughout the day to just sit outside...watch t.v...go to chick.
11. Taking a siesta at oh I don't know... 10:00 and then another at 2:00.
12. The ability to change your major and the direction of your life once a semester.
You spend all this time in college anticipating the real world and all its wonder and freedom to realize a few months after you get out...hmm... that was a pretty good setup.
I love my life and honestly would never want to go back to those things now...there is a reason they call it the Freshman 15. :) But I sure did love it while I was there.
What about you? What college carelessness do you wish was acceptable now??
The flowers Whit got me.:)
10 comments:
Wow...my list is very similar to yours, since we lived together! I really miss wearing a hat to class everyday so I didn't have to take a shower. Good times. I'd like to know how many donuts were consumed after midnight in college, or maybe I wouldn't! :)
Every morning I would swipe my ID and use my "Bruin Bucks" to get a green tea Sobe (my fav!) and a Heath bar. I'd then go to the little lobby on my floor, which no one used, watched Magnum PI, then rolled over on the couch and shut my eyes for a little bit. I may have even fallen asleep a time or two ;). My freshman 15? More like freshman 30!
I thought of another one...I wish it was exceptable to "drop a class" or workday or co-worker even, if it/they weren't working for you. Perfect!!
Though my college life was full of many fantastic people and experiences, I'll admit that I miss the 2am donuts the most. Bell's Bakery in Campbellsville, KY will always have a piece of my heart.
It wasn't even just like we were eating donuts from the local mom & pop shop - they were WALMART donuts! that's kinda sick. lol
Oh and Sonic... "Let's go get a fun drink!" I miss Sonic. They have commercials here, but the closest one is 400 miles away! Cruel!!
How could I forget about Sonic!?! Gosh. I love Sonic commercials...they are the only ones that I will rewind back to when I have tivo'd something...love those two guys.
Well, when you get married at 20 some of that goes out the door ;-)
Still, I think I would claim honey bun every morning as a yummy treat that would never work these days.
just saw leslie's comment about dropping classes - oh to be able to drop part of your job past the drop date and not be accountable for it... ahhh sweet college bliss...
sarah, you definitely know a thing or two about pushing deadlines - i'd say you could have at least received a minor in the skill. ;)
haha. it's all about negotiation....:)
LOL...this all cracks me up! Oh the memories from college... what about forgetting that the alarm was set & setting it off in that side stairwell in Maddox at 11:00 at night and about peeing in our pants as we ran through campus laughing!! Fun times!
Post a Comment