This weekend an exciting event happened. As I have stated in a previous post I love movies. Love with a capital L. SO. As you can guess I have long been awaiting July 18th. DK Day. I'm not a huge Super Hero junkie but I absolutely loved Batman Begins. There are many reasons why I loved this movie...one being that Morgan Freeman graced the screen...he is one of my all-time faves. Oh, Red. If I ever get to meet him...wait...when I meet him...I am going to walk right over and give him a big hug. He just seems so grandfathery.:) I also love Michael Cain ("You know why we fall Master Bruce...so we can learn to get back up."...said in the greatest English accent.). The movie all around was just so great! Sidenote: I also loved Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk...hmmm maybe I am becoming a comic book gooroo wannabe.
So last week we went ahead and bought our tickets for The Dark Knight. 10:20. Friday night. Imax. We made a plan to get there when the movie time before it started so that we were sure to get the best seats possible. When we went to see Spiderman we got there an hour early and the line was out the theater. All day at work I was stressed out. Stressed out I tell you. I was so afraid that we would get there and I would have to sit on the front row...front row of the imax=sucks. SO. We got there and guess what!??! We were the first ones there!! I told my dad that and he said well duh! You got there like 5 hours before the movie! Haha. So Whit, Lindsay and I (Ryan and Dawn to come later) took a seat and got out the cards...played a few rounds of Crazy 8's( dominated.). Gin Rummy(dominated.). and one horrible game of Go Fish(lindsay is a cheater.). When they began to take our tickets I walked/ran into the theater(its okay...you can laugh at me.). Best seat in the house!! The movie was amazing...intense from start to finish...I wish that Heath could be here to receive the praise he deserves for this role...ah.ma.zing. I'm not going to talk about it anymore for those of you who still would like to see it. It is worth the watch.
Here are some pictures from Lindsay's phone of us waiting in line...it and the cards kept us busy during the long wait:)

This is before Lindsay started cheating...:)
Dominating....

So Excited!!
5 comments:
I don't think my hours in line felt quite as fast as yours - that's what happens when you're getting your tail kicked in cards! Speaking of which, am I the only one who's back hurts?
My back hurts...and so do my feelings. I did not cheat. I think somewhere in the Bible it says "Cheaters never win, and Winners never cheat." I won, therefore I am not a cheater. Thank you.
Sounds like the movie was awesome!! I can't wait to go see it! Cute pictures of you all playing cards!! I'm pretty sure I was labeled a cheat a time or too by you! Haha!!
That's one of the things I appreciate about living in a smallish city: no long movie lines! We got there 30 minutes just in case, but there were hardly any people in the theater yet! But I should mention that we did go see a 3 pm show on Friday, so it may have been different that night.
Is it scary??? I'm not a movie enthusiest like you are, so I could take it or leave it, but Brad really wants to see it. I guess I'll be nice and go....since you've given it such a high review!
Post a Comment