Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Randomness.

Is my middle name. I do it well...randomness that is. So since I have been experiencing bloggers block I decided to devote one post to the random things in my life right now....SO. here it goes.


Zoe's. Love.

Alll this time I have been going to Pei Wei(which is located right beside Zoe's.). So dedicated to the honey-seared chicken that I wasn't able to venture out and try anything new. Then my incredibly talented, sweet, beautiful, fabulous friend Leslie told me about Zoe's...that I needed to give it a try...the Turkey Pita she said. I can now say that I am in love with their slaw. Slaw?! You say?! Yes. Slaw. I can't tell you how many days I crave the Zoe's slaw. You can buy it in a container to take home and you better believe that I have. My craving for this slaw scares me to think what I will be like when I am actually with child. Scary. SO. if you have a Zoe's within a 60 mile radius and you have not had the slaw...go today. stop what you are doing and go directly there. (no they are not paying me.:))






YMCA. Love/Hate

I have not put this out there as of yet mainly because of the pressure. I don't like pressure. BUT I have joined the Y. Yes I did it. Nashville has the best Y's. I grew up in Memphis(pronounced Memfus) and let's just say the Y was not somewhere you ventured to. SO. This was a new concept for me when I moved to Nashville. I love it. Now. Do I love it at 5:00 in the afternoon when everyone and their brother/niece/aunt and dog are there....no. Do I love it when its hot as hades outside and then with everyone piled in it feels like a 100 degrees while you work out...no. But I am learning to deal with this. I am learning to deal with this because...here it goes....I am training. I will be running a 10k in Sept...Sept. 1st. to be exact...with the one and only Jana Kelley and Andrea Rhodes. Two amazing runners...who have run many a race...and then there's me.:) I am up to 6 miles now...which is blowing my mind...but I am not letting myself get too excited...if I do I'll end up spraining my ankle tomorrow or something. Now. Jana is trying to convince me to run the half-marathon in Memphis this December. Baby steps. BUT I would really like to. SO. We. will. see.


Leggings. Love.

I have a new love in my life. Leggings. I was also introduced to these by my dear friend Leslie(wow. you are very instrumental in my life. but duh. we knew this.). Right now I only have two colors...black and brown. But I am mixing and matching like you wouldn't believe. It might be the most comfortable outfit I have ever worn. They might be my new brown pants(for those who have known me in the last ummm 4 or 5 years...I had a pair of brown pants that were my go-tos. I wore them with EVERYTHING. They have since died....sadly.). I say everyone should own a pair of leggings. Go get you some.







(She scares me a bit. But you get the picture.)



Vrbo.com. Ecstatic.

Okay. If you have never been to this site you need to go. My mom's friend, Cindy told us about this website. Basically you put in the state and city you are going to and it tells you listings of people who rent out a property for you to stay during your visit. I know. I can hear you. Shady. No. It is legit. AND most of the listing are places that people don't live in at all...they are investments...take NY. I mean come on the hotels are outrageous. SO. People buy apartments and rent them out to visitors. They had so many fabulous listings on there and they are waaaaay cheaper and you feel like you are getting a more "real" experience. That is where we found the place we will be staying in NY. It is right next to where "The Shop Around the Corner" was in You've Got Mail!!! AH! It is in Central Park. I am extremely excited. Plus say you rent a place on this site and get there and it is not legit. You get 5,000 in insurance to stay somewhere else. They got your back. SO. Check it out.


Haircut. Needed.

I am in major need of a haircut/color. And today is the day! I will be going to my regular. Kim Brown. She is fabulous. Let's be honest I can post a picture but it will look practically the same...maybe a inch..two...shorter....and the color fresh. But fun times anyway.


Last and certainly not least.

Noah. LOVE.

Tomorrow my mom and I will be flying out to spend the weekend with Mr. Noah. My brother and sister-in-law are going to a conference....sooooo we have him ALL to ourselves. Be prepared for many a picture when we return. There will be much spoiling that will happen. He will be able to do whatever he pleases at any time....minus anything that could hurt him. of course. But it should be a fun weekend!!!










Okay...that is all for my randomness. Hopefully the block will take care of itself soon.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

First of all, love the randomness, it's truely one of the reasons we understand and love each other. Second, thanks for all the shout-out's friend. It made my day, heck, my week to know I'm so instrumental in your eating and fashion. Ha!

Please take a zillon pictures of Noah this weekend and then one more for good measure after that. I'm expecting a post chalk-full of Noah preciousness after the weekend. :)

Whit said...

Everyone needs to go get some tights?! Perhaps I'll stop for some on the way home...or maybe not. I'm pretty sure it's illegal in at least 30 states for the Stiles men to wear anything form-fitting on our thighs. Oh well...

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

SO... I'm in Clarksville... where is Zoes?!

erin said...

I'm pretty sure it's also illegal for ladies of my size to wear leggings, so that will have to wait until I reach my weight loss goal (and I so will). But I am sure you look absolutely fabulous in them!

I'm experiencing a bit of blogger's block myself, so don't surprised if my next post is a bulleted list of my own randomness. :)

Lindsay Lou said...

Love the post! Made me smile. I have to agree, the leggings are my new fav!

Michael and Jana said...

I gotta get some leggings. I've been wanting them, but haven't taken the dive. Can I pull them off? I'm nervous, but I'll try it if you give me the go ahead.

Excited to run with you next week. How many miles are we running? I was thinking 7. What cha think?

The Moseley Family said...

i love to read your blogs! especially this one! so fun! Noah is so ready to be spoiled and have lots of fun with his MiMi and Aunt Sarah! :)) did you see the video i posted on ours? :)

Haley said...

1. I've never heard of Zoe's, but now I want their cole slaw. :) I do love honey seared at Pei Wei though.
2. I'm scared of leggings. Some day maybe I'll be brave.
3. So proud of you for running a 10 K. Impressed.
4. Spoil the heck out of that nephew this weekend. That's what auntie's are for!

Jill said...

I'll take your word on the leggings, although I'm way to chicken to try them myself. However, though I have never met Whit, I have to say I LOL on his comment!!!

Melissa P. said...

love me some zoes!!!