SO. This morning I ran the Franklin 10K!! The days leading up to the race I started getting nervous that I wasn't prepared enough...that I would get to mile 2 and have to stop...that I would stop like 50 times...I had a dream that I forgot how to run!! This morning I just tried as much as possible not to think about it and just do it!! Let's just say it was pretty hard. There were many more hills( up and down..up and down...) than I expected...but I pushed through and finished in under an hour!! Darby was a huge help as she talked to me the last mile...we talked about everything and anything...!! Here are some pictures that Whit took for me!
Avery(one of my college roommates) and I!! She came to visit me this weekend AND ran the race!!
This was the starting line!! Crowded don't you think?!
This is like Where's Waldo! Where's Sarah!! This was us about to start the race!
This was the finish line!!
Darby and I at the very end!!
After the race! Lindsay was so moved that she was in deep thought with her eyes closed!
Whit and I!
All done! And Sweaty!
9 comments:
you're being modest! while I stood by a drank coffee, you kicked butt! as king solomon once wrote, you were like a gazelle, lighting upon the streets of franklin with the greatest of ease!
congrats, say! way to go!
okay, but seriously... is avery wearing makeup!?!? :)
glad you had a fun weekend!
I'm so proud of you! Can't wait to run many many miles with you.
SARAH!! That's awesome! And you look so great in those pictures, even after running a 10k. Yay you!
way to go friend! happy first race!!! I hope you had fun and are getting excited about december!!!
way to go! 10k under an hour is awesome!! did you just see that whit compared you to a gazelle??? that's awkward and fun!!!!
You were amazing. I'm still so proud of you!
Congratulations, Sarah! Once again, I am so proud of you!
You ROCK!!!! I'm so proud of you! And yes, you look amazing AFTER the race as well, how do you do that?!? :)
Post a Comment