This weekend Whit and I traveled to Chattanooga to celebrate his nephew Sam's first birthday!! Sam had a pool party and all his little friends came over and played in the kiddie pool...played in the sandbox...on the swing set....and of course had great birthday cake! There is something so fun about seeing a little one have cake for the first time....its like this whole new world has just opened up in front of them! Sugar!! He somewhat stiff armed the cake at first...not wanting to have anything to do with it...but soon enough got a little taste and then the digging in began!
Whit and I got him the Little Peoples "farm" set. Have you seen these people. They are just so dagum cute. We also got him a shirt that is grayish black and says The Beatles. We had to. He will always know that this shirt came from his uncle whit...I mean all music derived from The Beatles...right whit!?:)
Here are a few pictures that I took at the par-tay.
Sam with his little birthday outfit on!
Lesley and Sam...playing in his new sandbox.

Birthday ride around the yard!
He was not having anything to do with that cake....
He soon realized the goodness...
This is one of the only ages where it is socially acceptable to swim naked...
Sam we are so grateful that you are in our lives!! You are a joy!!
14 comments:
I stand by my belief that all art is derivative! And now I'm wondering, what are the other ages where it's socially acceptable to swim naked?
I love the wonderful pictures of precious Sam! What would I do without your camera skills?
Could that little buddy be any cuter!? I love how he looks surprised in EVERY picture! Too cute! I'm glad you got to enjoy some family time with Whit. :) Looks like a fun weekend!
How cute is that?! I love seeing a child eat birthday cake for the first time, and those pictures are priceless.
How adorable!! Looks like Sam had a wonderful time at his party - I just love the expression on his face in all the pictures. Absolutely LOVE the little birthday outfit. He's a cutie-pa-tootie!!
He is so cute! I love it.
That last picture is priceless!!!! What a fun little birthday party!!!
Those are the cutest pictures! He is precious!
I love these! You have such a good eye with the camera, able to capture just the right moment.
I hope you don't mind that I put them on my facebook page. Too good not to brag a little amongst my friends.
The last picture is PRECIOUS! He's adorable.
I think someone needs to update on a certain something that may or may not be extremely exciting?!? Yes, no?!?
I agree with Leslie's comment. Your fans need an update!
Hear! Hear!!
Ok I keep checking everyday to see if you have an update. I think its time you stop keeping us hanging in this oh-so-exciting part of your life!
a new layout but no new post? tisk tisk. your people are crying out! do you not hear?! update! update! update!
i'm nervous its been a month since you've written... this feels eerily familiar!
Post a Comment