Sunday, October 12, 2008

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder...

...so they say....you would be the ones to know...have you missed me!??! Well.....I'm back!! Now you might say...Sarah how can we know you won't leave us again...leaving us high and dry...well....you don't. :) Ha. Just kidding. Life has been very crazy the last 3 weeks or so and I have just wanted to sit in it and enjoy the things that were going on around me and every time I sat down to blog about it I felt like I couldn't say exactly what I wanted to....so I just waited...and then time went one...and well here we are!!

I thought I would start by posting some pictures from my trip to NYC. Yes, this was a month ago. When I say that it was the best trip I have ever gone on...I need you to multiply that by 1,000 and then add 2. It was perfect. I felt like a kid on Christmas Day the whole time. There are few places that you go to as an adult that still have that effect on you...before leaving on the trip I had that expectation but was fearful that it wouldn't live up to what I imagined....surprisingly it was more. The first day I was there I couldn't get over how crowded and busy and loud it was...I kept thinking where do people go to get away...to get away from it all...the noise and chaos. But as time went on I found that you get used to it and it becomes oddly comforting...plus they all walk around with their earphones in...so I guess that helps.:) I wanted to grab someones to see what they were listening to...I would secretly try to guess....yeah...she is definitely a Mariah Carey listener.:) We were able to do some pretty amazing things while we were there...we went to the Natural History Museum to see the Dinos, the Modern Art Museum, The Today Show....where I saw Ann...I have loved her since I was a little girl and we would watch the show before going to work/school, The Conan Show...we sat on the front row!!, Wicked, The Little Mermaid, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Celine Dion at Madison Square Gardens(we were literally ten feet from her...it was crazy)...and of course she hit her chest enough times to cause some serious damage, Bryant Park(we were there during Fashion Week so we saw the tents set up for the runway shows!), Shopping and more Shopping, Central Park...where my referencing of movies became alittle embarrassing...but what can I say...i'm a movie junkie, and last but not least....we had planned to go on a little night trip to the Empire State Building....then we were going to get all dressed up to go to dinner at Tavern on the Green afterwards. Well the day before Whit had told me that if I wasn't able to get ahold of him not to worry because he was going hiking some that day and his service would be in and out...no biggie...so the next day we went on with our day and lindsay was texting like a mad woman...I started giving her a hard time...join the group lindsay...lindsay who the heck are you texting....well she played it off saying she had some work things she had to do...which I knew she did...so I dropped it....well kind of. You all know me.:) So we start to get ready to go out that night and I can't find anything to wear...I'm throwing dresses all over the room..."Nothing looks good!" "I'm just not going to go." Lindsay steps in and says "Why don't you wear this one I have on!"...it was mine that I had let her borrow...I put it on felt better and said okay...let's go. Well as we are going though the line at the Empire State Building I started getting nervous...now there was no reasoning behind this...but I started thinking....What if Whit is up there...what if he comes to see me and surprises me(no lie people!)....and I start to get really nervous that he is....but I don't say anything to the girls because let's be honest its pretty sad when its not true...so I just convinced myself that I was crazy for thinking that. Welllll.....as I stepped out of the elevator door....who steps out around the corner. :) Yes. None other than John Whitney Stiles himself. The girls instantly dart to the other side and he walks over to me and says I have something I want to show you....I was half shock/half at home with him there....he then begins to say the sweetest things that I wish I could remember now...something about me being amazing and beautiful and wanting to spend the rest of his life with me:)...and then he got down on his knee and proposed. AH!!! Of course I said yes!! It is a month later and I am still letting the whole thing set in!!....it was by far the sweetest and thoughtful thing that anyone has ever or maybe will ever do for me...he knew my love of Sleepless in Seattle...the whole story...but I think what he knew more was the reason that I loved that movie...it was a symbol of someone saying..."I will travel anywhere for you...do anything for you" "run down the street for you dodging all the cars"....the vulnerability of the whole act. Showing up and waiting...will she come if I wait for her...and for him... will she say yes(even though he knew there was no question I would:)).... Yes, he proposed to me that night and that alone is amazing enough...but what he also said to me that night was no matter how long...far...big...little or huge your desires are...I will spend the rest of my life trying to make those come to be....and for that I am truly blessed.


Here are some pictures that I took(warning. if you don't like pictures you might want to shut down now....there might be enough to last you till tomorrow.) These are in no particular order...mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to organize them:)


This is the street that we stayed on...it was so "movie-like" and cutsie.
The restaurant from "You've Got Mail". " I knew it!! I knew it!! She haaad to be cute! She haaaad tooo be!"

Our last day. I want to go back right now.

Al!

Brady Kid on the Today Show!

Ann :):) Besides the proposal...the highlight of my trip. Ummm is my head small or is hers just really big....

She was so nice! Look at her! Deeply listening...and he was talking about cameras!!

The day after the proposal! I had to go in and try on the bands!!

Tavern on the Green. Celebratory Dinner!

He loves me.:)


The Bling Ring.


Today Show...5:00. We got up at 4:15...this was very important to Lindsay and I. I had to remind her of that when the alarm went off. "GET UP!"


Waiting for the show to start! Whit had to leave shortly after this...it was really sad...


The Subway! One of my favorites! I loved riding...wish Nashville had one...Sidenote...Private Practice is GOOD this season...(see poster.)

On top of the Empire State Building! After Whit surprised me!!!


It was realllll windy....


The girls afterwards....

Lindsay was so helpful in getting Whit and I together that night....she did a good job at keeping the secret from me!


Fish and Chips!

I always forget the name of this place...but it had boats.:)

Little Mermaid! It was real good. After this Lindsay continued to sing Part of Your World...after we got back to Nashville she continued...I gave her one more week and then I said enough is enough...you need to move on.

Project Runway! Make it Work!

This was the one thing that Whit asked me to bring back...Lindsay and I had a plan to get it out of the museum but we accidentally brought our smaller purses that day. Darn.


Don't we resemble?!

The things I make her do.:)


I couldn't resist.


Little Italy. This guy was "that guy" that you see on t.v. Don't you think!?

Fashion Week. I love the little high heels!


Chopsticks! I was sooooo excited about this!! Mums my 9 years of piano weren't a waste!;)


I loved this little guy at the Modern Museum...


St. Patricks Cathedral.


I loved this. It was inside St. Patricks.

After Wicked. It was absolutely amazing. Everyone go see it right now.


In our room drinking imaginary wine...seeing that it cost my arm to drink the wine in the frig.

Our first night there...we took a Night Tour! Front seat of course.:)


Nov. 4th guys.


The Boathouse from 27 dresses!

I have lots more to update you from this past month...Whit's B-day, my mom's cancer free...WOOHOO!!!!, meeting Gene Simmons...I got an iphone..it's genious...pure stinkin' genious...but baby steps people.

Thank you for wanting to know about my life...it's a blessing to know people want to hear what all is going with me....

12 comments:

Biz said...

finally! :)
great update! it was fun to read more of the story of how the big day went in your head. you know, i said to my roommate the other day when i told her your story that i couldn't BELIEVE you didn't know - didn't have ANY idea or feeling that it was happening. :) you are too good. hahaha

hooray for mom! can't wait to hear about that too!
love!

Stephanie said...

Even though I have HEARD the proposal story before - READING it just tore me up - i cried and cried!! I'm a sucker for words!! Your dad and I are soooooo happy for you - this is going to be SO MUCH FUN planning the wedding. Enjoy each moment!! Love ya - MUMS

Melissa P. said...

yay! what a great post! i love the story, the pictures and all the movie references! i am sooo happy for you and whit!

oh, and we are going to ATL to see wicked this weekend and you just reminded me to be VERY excited! :)

Whit said...

that is officially the sweetest thing anyone has ever written or said about me...thank you...it is my honor and my joy!!! So... Let's go to the big apple sometime and do it again!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

What a fun trip! And congratulations! :)

erin said...

Yay!! I think this is the longest blog entry ever, but I loved every minute of it! That proposal truly is beautiful (way to go, Whit!), and I am so so happy for you. Also, that ring?? Amazing!

Oh, and please oh please write about meeting Gene Simmons, creepy though he is!

Jennifer Mills said...

YAY! What a great update! I love the hearing your "NYC story" that had such a happy ending! ;-) Love the ring! And did I mentioned that I am SOOOOOOOOO happy for you!
Love ya!
Jen
PS---I'm lovin the iphone too! I got mine for my b-day! So fun!

Jill said...

I kid you not, once a week, I would google Les and asked if you gave blogging up. She told me to hang in there, and boy am I glad I did!!! Wonderful proposal story...how exciting and memorable!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

I have to say the picture with Ann's big head still has me laughing!

Leslie said...

Awesome post! LOVE the pics...all of them! YAY WHIT! He did so good!

Lindsay Lou said...

Yay!! Great pick-me-up story. Definitely gave me tears, but I am a softie!

Soo Happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Yeh! Sarah is back! I've been checking every day since your trip to see if you had blogged. I gave up a few days ago and decided to wait a while. Look what I missed! I'm two days late. But it was worth the wait. Sarah, I love the way you write. I feel like I am inside your head sometimes. Thank you for the laughs and the tears. Wow! You have been so blessed! And a lifetime with Whit is going to be so wonderful! What a sweetiepie! I look forward to seeing how the Lord is going to use you as a couple! We love you Whit! Welcome to the family!!!

Unknown said...

Its about time!!! So, do we know a day yet? What a precious story! That is a good one to tell the rest of your life!

I am SO THRILLED about your mom! That is amazing! What wonderful news! I miss you and I love you so much!